Criteria for Nomination
Candidates for the international Petra Kelly Award of the Heinrich Böll Foundation should stand out through exceptional activities in one or more of the following areas:
- Implementation and / or defence of universal human rights
- Development of non-violent conflict management solutions
- Environmental protection
- Commitment to social justice
- Promotion of intercultural communication and mutual respect among cultures
- Strengthening of the international Green movement
Initiatives to be nominated should be as clever and innovative as possible with regard to the theme or form, i.e. it should be novel and thus distinguish itself from comparable initiatives. The political claim of the candidates should transcend national boundaries and thus have topical strategic relevance.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation perceives the Petra Kelly Award as a political statement. The award and the consequent public attention, financial support and political acknowledgement should help in promoting and fostering the awarded projects or people.
The nomination proposal to be submitted must contain all necessary information so that the jury obtains a clear and comprehensive portrait of the candidate.
Phone: 030/ 285 34 - 241