The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Tirana office is welcoming applications for the open position Finance & Administration Coordinator as of 1st of July 2021.
The deadline for applications is 23rd of May 2021.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is a political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party. We are a green think tank, an international policy network for green visions and projects. Headquartered in Berlin, we have more than 30 offices around the world.
Our main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice. We place particular emphasis on gender democracy and diversity.
The Finance & Administration Coordinator acts under the direct supervision of the Office Director and supervises the accountant.
- Managing the office's finances (programs, projects, office funds) in compliance with the guidelines of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung in Berlin, donors and local legislation and regulations
- Planning and controlling the budgets for the Office and programs (budget and financial plan)
- Establishing compliance with the internal regulations of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung; bringing forms and contracts into line with laws valid in Albania
- Coordinating all financial matters with the Head Office of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung in Berlin
- Preparing financial reports to the Head Office of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
- Responsibility for the annual auditor
- Preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Instructing, supervising and working with program partners, in consultation with the Program Coordinators: financial planning and control; compliance with guidelines; reporting finance advice; review, reconcile and monitor all project accounts
- Technical instructions, capacity building and on-the-job training for financial staff from partner organizations
- Responsibility for overall office administration
- Overall management of all office contracts and service agreement, including preparation of contracts with partner organizations, external service contracts, auditor, tax consultants, etc.
- Deputizing for the Office Director in HR management matters
- Instructing the Accountant and Administration Assistant
- Responsibility and overall management of fund requests
- Oversight of the payroll management
- Point of contact for financial service providers, auditors, tax consultants, revenue offices, and other external organizations in the administrative field
- University degree in business management and administration (Masters level) or comparable qualification with accounting focus
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a senior finance role preferably in the NGO sector
- Fluency in written and spoken Albanian and English or German (additional German or English language skills are advantage)
- Very good knowledge of accounting and of processes and standards of commercial accounting (knowledge in the use of Navision financial software will be an asset)
- Capability of preparing and carrying out correct annual financial statements
- Good knowledge of office management/administration in the field of international cooperation
- Standard computer and social media literacy
- Intercultural tolerance and sensitivity
- Good team player
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented
- Strong health, resilience and ability to upon demand and under pressure and yet to meet deadlines
- Ready to travel within Albania and abroad
- Gender and diversity awareness
- Genuine interest in and identification with the values and mission of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
- A varied role with great potential for creativity and development, giving you the chance to experience something new every day
- The opportunity to work in an international environment
- A salary commensurate with similar positions in Tirana
The job location is Tirana, Albania. The position is full-time.
Please send your CV, letter of recommendation and motivation letter (in English or German) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 23rd May 2021.
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.