In cooperation with
Young European Federalists (JEF)
Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG)
Date and Location
Friday, October 18th 2013, 9.45am – 7pm
Beletage of the Heinrich-Böll-Foundation, Schumannstraße 8,
- Eduardo Ocaña (Juventud Sin Futuro, Spain)
- Kostas Terzopoulos (GreenWays Social Cooperative Enterprise, Thessaloniki)
- Pieter Ploeg (Initiative Summer of Soil, Järna, Sweden)
- Kirsten Hasberg (CEO Energy Democracy Magazine, Berlin)
- Luise Neumann-Cosel (BürgerEnergie Berlin eG.)
- Marcelina Zawisza (Journalist and activist, Warsaw)
- Michalis Goudis (Communication Officer, CECODHAS Housing Europe, Brussels)
- Ivan Krastev (Centre for Liberal Strategies, Sofia)
- Ilaria Maselli (Center for European Policy Studies, Brussels)
- Jerry Van Den Berge (European Federation of Public Service Unions, Brussels)
- Reinhard Bütikofer (MEP, Co-Chair European Green Party, Brussels)
The European crisis has long been more than a financial and economic crisis. It has also become a clear crisis of confidence that increasingly calls the European project as such into question. Europe's young people, in particular, are severely impacted by the lack of jobs and opportunities. For many young people, the question is whether the European Union (EU) in its current form and with its current policies even still offers an option for the future.
Nevertheless, or perhaps for this very reason, young people are actively working to bring about political change in many European countries in different ways. Instead of giving up, they are founding initiatives and networks in the fight for democracy, social justice and environmental transformation. Some of them are coming to Berlin to present their projects and discuss the future of Europe with representatives from politics, science and non-governmental organisations.
One of them is Eduardo Ocaña, spokesperson of the Spanish collective, Juventud Sin Futuro (Youth without a Future). The collective, through various activities, aims to draw attention to the precarious situation of young people in Spain, particularly in terms of social aspects, jobs and education.
Kostas Terzopoulus from Greece was one of the co-founders of GreenWays, a social venture in Thessaloniki which focuses on sustainable transport and tourism and creates jobs for and with bicyclists.
The conference is part of the 3-days Berlin international Congress with experts from the political and scientific community, workshops and networking sessions.
German/English with simultaneous translation
Except: Country Tables (2-3 pm) and Forum 2 and 3 – only English
Project Management and Contact
Dr. Christine Pütz
Consultant European Union
Projectmanager "EU’s future"
+49-30-285 34 385
+49-30-285 34 202