EU-funded Projects - Best Practice Exemples
Over the past years the Heinrich Böll Foundation has developed a large number of EU-funded projects worldwide, both as a project co-ordinator and a project partner. The foci of our EU projects are ecology, democratisation, international understanding and gender democracy.
Developing and implementing EU projects in strategic partnerships with local partners including NGOs, educational institutions and community organisations is essential to our ambition to support political education and promote democratic involvement, human rights, socio-political activism and cross-cultural understanding.
Best practice examples
- Enhancing the Role of Civics and Intellectuals in Peace-Building and Reconciliation in Somalia
- Enhancing Popular Participation in Governance and Sustainable Development in Somalia and Somaliland (Focus on Women and Youth)
- Beyond Managing the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Demonstrating the Effectiveness of a Conflict-Sensitive Social Transformation Approach
- Transatlantic Climate Policy Group
- Building public confidence and maximising participation of disadvantaged groups in democratic processes through transparent elections in Georgia
- EcoFair Trade Dialogue – New Directions for Agricultural Trade Rules
- Free trade, human rights and environment: strengthen civil society monitoring of the bi-regional relations between the EU and Mercosur
- 'A life without violence and discrimination is possible!'- Regional Campaign to Protect Arab Women from Domestic Violence
- Fit for Gender Mainstreaming – gender-sensitive transcending of borders between East and West