We find ourselves at a crossroads between environmental disaster and a new industrial revolution: a shift from the ruthless exploitation of nature toward cooperation with it. Decoupling economic growth from environmental consumption is an ambitious goal, but also an achievable one. ‘Green Growth, Smart Growth’ outlines a way forward in this great transformation, and does so in the conviction that the dangers posed by climate change can be overcome through a new approach to economics, innovation and proactive policymaking.
Table of contents:
- Foreword by Anthony Giddens
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Introduction: The Decline of Modernity or the Beginning of a New Chapter?
- A Changing World
- The Limits to Growth – The Growth of Limits
- The Malaise of Modernity
- The Green Industrial Revolution
- The Future of Agriculture
- An Energy Revolution
- The Postfossil City
- The Politics of Environmental Transformation
- About the Author