This policy document reflects on some of the EU policy barriers and opportunities in the areas of participatory democracy, the urban environment and knowledge in the digital environment.
Table of contents:
Preface: EU policy – a barrier or a facilitator for the Commons?
- Introduction: the EU needs the Commons and the Commons need the EU
- Deepening democracy – connecting citizens to policy
- Commons in the city
- Digital Commons, knowledge and peer-to-peer activity
- Internet infrastructures and the collaborative economy
- Culture goods, co-creation and copyright
- Open science, research & public goods