This policy document reflects on some of the EU policy barriers and opportunities in the areas of participatory democracy, the urban environment and knowledge in the digital environment.
Preface: EU policy – a barrier or a facilitator for the Commons?
- Introduction: the EU needs the Commons and the Commons need the EU
- Deepening democracy – connecting citizens to policy
- Commons in the city
- Digital Commons, knowledge and peer-to-peer activity
- Internet infrastructures and the collaborative economy
- Culture goods, co-creation and copyright
- Open science, research & public goods